Women Trying ...

This is a collection of thoughts from women trying to **fill in the blank here**.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Truelove

Jacob's favorite book today, Truelove, is one that Brian bought for me before Jacob was born. It tells the story of a mutt named Truelove who feels neglected when his family has their first baby.


MakevaJacob told me he likes the book because it has a lot of dogs and he would like to have more dogs. We have two already, one is about 14 years old and the other just over a year. Jacob really wants a dog he can hold in his arms. Loki, the younger dog, was already more than 40 pounds when we adopted him. He's a white german shephard.Loki


I understand Jacob's desire to have a puppy. But, despite the lesson of the book Truelove, sometimes you can't take them all home. I know. I used to beg my parents to save every dog I saw on the street. They didn't, but I always had a dog as a pet and so will Jacob and William


Pets really are a true love.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    God BLESS ya Kathy, because I can not IMAGINE having a dog. I didn't growing up, but I certainly am fighting the uphill battle now with my family for wanting a dog (or ANYTHING at this point) and I honestly have NO idea how I would begin to even have one.

    Vet bills, walking, training, the whole thing...is as "unimaginable" to me now, as having 4 children is to most of my friends who haven't had kids yet.

    I'm sure I would LOVE a pet....just can't imagine having one right now!

    It's nice that you love the dogs so much and always want your kids to have the dogs as buddies. I did adore YOUR dogs...Muffin, Shasta...but as a MOM it sounds like an ENORMOUS amount of work!!! And my "free time" is coming lately at a HUGE premium. Don't know how you do it and work F/T. REALLY! Amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home