Women Trying ...

This is a collection of thoughts from women trying to **fill in the blank here**.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Jo the Super Nanny

I admit it, I watch Super Nanny sometimes and last night was like being there for me. My boys are not nearly as bad as Rosemary's three boys, but I could relate to much of what she and her husband John are going through.

My boys don't listen to me unless I'm yelling. I can ask nicely twice for them to stop and they do nothing until the THIRD ASK (see, I'm yelling!). I take things away. I count to three. I make them sit in time-out.

Nothing seems to work.

And, like Rosemary and John, I have felt like giving up. Just let them do what they want. I don't want to yell every day. But, that is exactly what Rosemary and John did and why they were on the show. They gave up. Their kids did WHATEVER they wanted. They went to bed when they wanted. They never cleaned up their rooms. They broke their toys and didn't clean up the mess. They were even worse in school and after-school.

So, the good news is that I haven't given up. I've thought about it. I've really wanted to walk away, but I haven't. And therein lies the hope.

That and I've admitted to watching the damn show, so that's the first step toward recovery.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    Oh, I feel for you....but I haven't even seen them LISTED on Craigslist yet... or eBay.

    "Free delivery included!"

    ;o)

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Lynn said…

    BTW, I've watched it too...

    I just haven't had 32 free study periods free to "learn her ropes" or the ability to recondition all of my OWN actions to create new ones for them.

    Figures. It will get easier...but staying "in charge" is the only option. Every bit that they gain only crestes a bigger tiger on a smaller leash. Gets harder to put it "back in the bag".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home