Women Trying ...

This is a collection of thoughts from women trying to **fill in the blank here**.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What they say

Yesterday after Jacob got on the school bus, William said to Brian "Thank goodness Jacob finally started school. Now he'll leave me alone."

Today, William said to Brian, "I hope Jacob will play with me at Apple Tree."

(Apple Tree is the afterschool daycare center both boys attend in the afternoon).

Isn't that cute?

Jacob won't give up any detail about school and he's told me twice he doesn't like it. But, he tells Brian he does like it. I didn't think five-year olds were as guarded as teenagers. It's really frustrating. I want to know everything and all he says is, "School was good."

Yesterday, his first, day, it was "good" and all they did in gym class was "sit."

Oh and today he only had ten minutes to eat his snack and he got a goodie-bag (read marketing tool for vendors) filled with stuff "welcoming" him to Kindergarten.

Tonight he told me he doesn't like school because he wants to play and they don't have recess, which I know is not true.

So, maybe he'll open up over time and as the days get more exciting. I hope so. I don't want him to turn into the same old moppy kid I was.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Wow....
    You're so full of energy around the office, it's hard to imagine that you were ever a "moppy kid".
    Don't worry Kathy - before you know it he'll be talking your ears off about all that happened in school.
    Barbara

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Lynn said…

    Yeah, don't they sometimes suck that way? It's like the MORE they know you want it, the more they can "control" how much of it you get.

    Interesting....kids are so funny.

    That's so cute about Jacob on day 1 vs the next. What a little doll he is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home