Women Trying ...

This is a collection of thoughts from women trying to **fill in the blank here**.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

About Linda

What can I say about myself? Right now I am scattered, forgetful, and quite at my worst. I know that's not what I am supposed to say, but it is honest. I am lucky that I have lots of loving people around me, I am healthy and have my sense of humor ready to blast most situations to smithereens. It's the best and most well-worn coping tool in the rack!!

However I feel like I should be able to resolve most of my "trying" by trying harder. Household bedlam, disorganization, paper chaos, a figure I am not happy with, and postponed ambitions are all in the "fixable" department, unlike the people who are in situations that are beyond their control... unemployment, injury, handicaps...all hard to "fix. I see myself as the reluctant kid before a bowl of brussels sprouts, being lectured about the starving kids in India. Only I am a white, middle class, well educated American woman for whom almost anything is possible, if I just actually try hard enough, and the women in the middle-east are the ones without my brussels sprouts.

So Women Trying will hopefully be a tale of my renewed effort to be better at the things I say I want.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home