Women Trying ...

This is a collection of thoughts from women trying to **fill in the blank here**.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

About Kathy

I live in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania and have two little boys, Jacob, 5, and William, 4. William was born about three-months premature. You can read his story here. And, if you want to see a miracle, check out this slideshow taken this July. Who would know William was in the hospital for four months on life-support and on oxygen for two years and lived with a feeding tube for almost four years!

Jacob is a lively little boy, emphasis on lively. He enjoys hitting his brother and chasing our dog Loki.

My husband Brian is a stay-at-home dad and an assistant football coach at Jim Thorpe High School. The team is called The Olympians and I'm not quite sure how to cheer for them (Go Olys?), but we'll figure it out.

We're still new to Pennsylvania. I've lived in a lot of different places but started out in Needham, Mass where I graduated from NHS (Go Rockets, much easier to say!) in, gulp, 1987. My maiden name is Keith and my parents are Bob and Peggy (now deceased). I lived in Needham all my teenage years.

I went to The American University in Washington, D.C. where I got my B.A. in American Literature and promptly joined the Navy to get some experience so I could actually get a job. I stayed in the Navy as a journalist for three years and was stationed in Millington, TN. When Clinton asked for volunteers to leave service early (probably the only thing that guy did that I agree with), I raised my hand and moved to Seattle WA to edit the newsletter of the Washington Newspaper Publishers Association.

Seattle is really far away from the East coast so in a bid to move closer to my mom, I accepted a position at the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association as the new media director. I dabbled in new media stuff in Seattle, so the PNA job was a definite step up the ladder. It was at PNA that I met Andy Bickford, the president of Independent Publications, Inc. and the owners of the Nashua (NH) Telegraph. My mom wasn't getting any better, so in 1998 I moved to New Hampshire and stepped into the newly created position of New Media Manager for the Telegraph.

I stayed there for seven years, got married in 1999 to Brian who I met while I was at PNA in Harrisburg, PA. We had Jacob May 2, 2001. My mom passed away about two months later on June 28, 2001. William was born April 4, 2002 and we decided to move to Pennsylvania to be closer to Brian's family in 2005.

We moved into our new house three days before Christmas, 2005.

Needless to say, I've moved around a lot and I hope to stay put for a while and be a mom, a wife and a co-worker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home